JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be working with a global leader in the medical device industry to recruit an experienced Toolmaker/Maintenance Technician to join their team in Boyle, Roscommon.
The role will be responsible for supporting Manufacturing and Technical Departments through calibration/maintenance and introduction of new plant/equipment, provision of tooling, jigs and fixtures and the development of robust processes and operations.
This exciting role is a permanent full-time position with full private health insurance, pension and career progression opportunities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop, install and maintain planned maintenance and calibration schedules which conform to the requirements of the quality system, perform a program of work based on the schedules to ensure all plant and equipment is in calibration at all times and maintained in optimum condition.
- Working with management and with manufacturing and technical personnel, ensure jigs, fixtures and tooling are available at all times to support the production schedules and technical development/ projects schedule.
- Ensure jigs, fixtures, tooling and equipment is installed and maintained in a manner which ensures the safety of personnel and in particular that safety guards and features are in full working order.
- Ensure emergency response equipment (fire extinguishers, fire hoses, alarms etc.) are in place and are maintained and tested according to the company’s quality system.
- Provide a rapid response and troubleshooting service to manufacturing and technical covering breakdowns and other processing problems/improvements.
- Liaise with tooling, equipment and production or maintenance service suppliers and contractors to identify and purchase requirements.
- Install and commission new equipment, work with technical and manufacturing staff to ensure new equipment introductions, validations and changes are effectively documented in accordance with the company quality system.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement with the department, while adhering to required standards of housekeeping, GMP and safety.
- Maintain the plant, facility and grounds including utility systems and equipment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Have completed a craft apprenticeship in Toolmaking followed by 3 years practical maintenance experience.
- Experience in PLC Logic programming and wiring would be beneficial.
- Experience of the application and understanding of Problem-solving techniques
- A minimum of 5 years in a maintenance environment including at least 3 years medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing experience is desirable.
- Must have a good working knowledge of quality systems as they apply to the maintenance and calibration areas.
- Self-starter with good inter-personal skills.
- Practical level-headed individual who is prepared to actively participate as an active member of the team.
- The ability to troubleshoot process and equipment in a logical manner to resolve the issues.